Building, Engineering, Architecture & Science
Location : Colombo Member since : 2016-12-30
I have over 20 years experience in quantity surveying works in Sri Lankan construction industry as a consultant as well as a contractor. My aspects are from pre- tender stage to post- tender stage of projects consisting of preliminary cost estimates, taking off measurements, preparation of engineering estimates and bid documents, bid evaluation, checking & preparing bills with Variations, Extra works after proper measurements, preparing payment certificates of main & sub contractors, dealing with price fluctuation & contractual claims by understanding the goals, objectives, constraints and opportunities of the project being under taken, specially with reference to cost controlling techniques & recoveries etc. and placing material requisitions by monitoring the site progress.
Furthermore, work includes communication and cording with all parties involved in the project, including the principal consultants, sub contractors and concerned government authorities etc.
• Preparation of blank BOQs, Engineer’s Estimates according to drawings & ICTAD (CIDA) Specifications.
• Preparation of tender evaluation reports after verifying tender documents.
• Especially with reference to cost control, variety of claims, recoveries etc.
• Preparation of escalation
• Verifying contractors bills after proper measurements, keeping in mind working drawing issued, preambles in the agreement and principals & duties laid down for the profession of quantity surveying.
• Verifying the Variations and Extra works according to site measurements.
• Place material requirement for site.